|Established Year||: 1958|
|Address||: F.C.Convent, Kalanilayam Puliyannoor P.O. Kottayam|
|Pin||: 686 574|
|Phone||: 04822 -205388|
Puliyannoor is a village, 3 kms away from Pala. In olden days it was a centre of Hindus. There was a U.P. school named 'Kalanilayam' under the management of Konattu Narayanapillai. As it was difficult for him to run the school he requested Mar Sebastian Vayalil, the Bishop of Palai, to take up the school. The Bishop asked the FCC sisters of Lalam Convent for help. Accordingly they purchased the land and school, and began to work there. In 1958 a building was constructed for the convent, named Assumption Convent and sisters began to stay there. The local peole were much pleased with the presence and service, the sisters rendered. They were ready to help the sisters in all the ways, as they were giving good formation to their children.